Skip to main content
Digital Archive Ontario Homepage

Eglinton Hunt Club house

Date1967
Names
(photographer)
FormatPicture
Notes
Lot 21, Con. 2 East. Leslie St. and Finch Ave. House on Eglinton Hunt Club property. The Hunt Club was an equestrian club that existed in several locations before this one, dating back to the 1840s. The club bought this property in 1944 from Robert Young Eaton. This house, built by Richard Harris, was used as a clubhouse during the construction of the stables and indoor arena. The club moved to Thornhill in the mid-1950s, when the area around Leslie and Finch was being developed. This house was demolished in 1968.
Subject
GeographyCity, town, twpToronto
GeographyNorth-south streetLeslie Street
GeographyEast-west streetFinch Avenue East
GeographyHistorical locationsNorth York (Ont.)
GeographyProvince or StateOntario
GeographyCountryCanada
Dimensions34 x 36 mm
ProvenanceToronto Public Library. North York Central Library. Canadiana Department. Gift of North York Historical Society.
Usage Rights Copyright (Learn More)
Copyright HolderNorth York Historical Society
Original Object LocationNorth York Central Library. Society & Recreation department
Object NumberNYHS01100