O’Sullivan’s Corners with O’Sullivan’s Hotel in centre background
Dateapproximately 1925
Names
Unknown
(author)
FormatPicture
NotesLot 14, Con. 4 East. Patrick O'Sullivan, from Cork, Ireland, and his wife Ann opened a two-storey hotel in 1860 with two bedrooms, dining room, and a bar (seen centre background in this photo). It stood on the northwest corner of Victoria Park Ave. and Lansing Cut-off (later Sheppard Ave.). Their son Michael opened a post office in the hotel in 1892, when the area had become known as O'Sullivan's Corners. In 1948 the Northeast Drive-in theatre opened nearby, and the hotel was demolished around 1954, shortly before construction of Highway 401 to its south.
Medium
Dimensions117 x 68 mm
Language
ProvenanceToronto Public Library. North York Central Library. Canadiana Department. Gift of North York Historical Society.
Usage Rights
Public Domain
(Learn More)
Object NumberNYHS01204
Perrin and Knight (Toronto, Ont.)
5/21/1955
Perrin and Knight (Toronto, Ont.)
1/1/1955
Judd, William Wallace, 1883-
1900?
Atkinson, John Edward, 1858-1928
9/15/1907
Whaley, John Blake, 1885-1951
9/15/1907
Boyd, John Harold, 1898-1971
1923?